If it’s a well thought-out telescope design – along with exceptional auxiliary features – is what you’re after, then the Celestron 31042 AstroMaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope is the ideal suggestion for your needs. It is a dual-purpose telescope that is ideal for both celestial and terrestrial viewing.
The Astromaster has been designed to provide correct view of the land and the sky by using two eyepieces that provide as much as 100x magnification. The ergonomic and compact-sized design makes it ideal for those people who want high-quality views with convenience.
Users will also appreciate the robust exterior design that not only provides optimal impact resistance, but sufficient scratch-resistance as well.
The Celestron 31042 allows the users to see the moons of the Jupiter and the rings of Saturn based on its exclusive features set. With its diverse feature set and user-friendly design, this telescope is ideal for astronomers of all ages and it can work well to deliver clear, bright images of the space like never seen before.
Most people are surprised with the excellent ability of the 31042 unit to be able to provide unrivaled views of the Jupiter, the moon and even shooting stars; it’s truly an exhilarating experience.
- Comes with two eyepieces that provide 100x magnification
- Easy to setup and requires no additional tools
- It comes with a permanently mounted finder scope for easy aiming and pointing
- Advanced grade equatorial mount that features setting circles for precisely locating celestial objects and track them as they move across the sky
- All coated glass optics for crisp and clear images
- Permanently mounted finderscope for easy pointing and aiming
- Rugged and preassembled tripod that comes with a sturdy 1.25” steel tube legs
- Superior image optics that is ideal for astronomical and terrestrial use
- Deluxe accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- Comes with advanced level software for editing and enhancing your images
- It has an ergonomic and compact size design make it highly portable
- This unit comes with the Sky 1 Planetary software for editing your favorite images
- The exterior design is rugged enough making it ideal for those who love the outdoors
- The equatorial mount lets you locate objects in space easily
- The 31042 comes with a permanently mounted telescope for easy and convenient aiming
- This unit fails to compensate adequately on blurriness
- It is susceptible to falls and requires sufficient maintenance
- It takes some time to assemble
When it comes to getting the best images of long distant objects and scenery, a good match for your needs would definitely be the Celestron 31042. In fact, most users are surprised with its ability to provide quality images of the moon, Jupiter, and Saturn along with other planetary wonders. The superior design of this unit and the exclusive feature set that it comes with makes it ideal for the novice skywatcher.
It also comes with all glass optical elements along with smooth operating tripod mountings with manual motion controls and coated optics for superior image clarity and brightness. On the same account, it comes with a quick-release, no toll dovetail attachment that makes setting up your unit a simple task.
This unit is also anchored by a rugged and pre-assembled tripod, along with 1.25-inch steel tube legs that provide a stable and rigid platform for your image-viewing needs each time. It also comes with the deluxe accessory tray that helps the user monitor their eyepieces and accessories with ease especially in poor lighting conditions.
The 31042 also comes with a Sky Level 1 planetarium software that comprises of 10,000 object database that comes with star maps and enhanced images, which provide image quality like never seen before.
While the Celestron 31042 might be an exceptional unit, one can take some other possible alternatives into account. For instance, the Ohuhu dual focus monocular telescope comes with advanced grade aluminum that makes it comfortable to hold and rugged enough to withstand most outdoors conditions. It also comes with a multicoated design for optimal resolution and high contrast views.
The inclusion of the adjustable focus allows the user to read close up items and even view sceneries that are far away. However, while it may have an exceptional resolution, most users have shared sentiments concerning the sometimes-weak focus especially when it comes to viewing long distance objects. Another possible alternative for your needs might be the Collection Dual Focus
Monocular Telescope that provides 16 times magnification along with a 52mm objective diameter. This product provides dual focus capability such that users can obtain superior image results each time. It also comes with multi-coated optics that ensures superior light transmission and brightness, especially in poor lighting conditions.
The single hand-operations design makes it ideal for events such as sports, concerts, camping, bird-watching and traveling as well. However, this unit is not ideal for all age groups since it is heavy and the functionalities are somewhat complex for novice users.
Finally, when all things are considered, the Celestron 31042 AstroMaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope is a worthwhile investment for anyone who wants top quality image results and a user-friendly design as well. Similar to all top notch Celestron units, the 31042 also comes with an advanced grade planetarium software that allows the user to tweak the app and enhance the images to suit their needs.
Moreover, it also provides three times the light gathering capability that is provided by the conventional 60mm beginner scopes that are consolidated in a system that is compact and powerful at the same time.
Since the entire package comes with a rugged tripod and other useful accessories, this unit provides the ultimate convenience for the outdoors, all without any comprise on the overall functionality of the unit.
The manufacturers have made this unit further exceptional with the inclusion of the inbuilt red dot finder, easy no-tool setup, and fully illustrated instructions. Therefore, this type of functionality easily qualifies the 31042 as one of the towering dinosaurs when it comes to image quality.